Name:
Location: Long Valley, New Jersey, United States

Born and raised in Northern New Jersey and licensed to practice Chiropractic since 1968 (48 years) in Florida and New Jersey, Go to www.drbarbier.com, www.barbierchiropracticoffice.com, www.twitter.com/DrBarbier. Experienced: as an advocate in family law for over 12 years being involved with about 8,000 people by phone, in writing or personally and also as a member of the State of New Jersey Commission on Child Support from 1984-1986; with land surveying for 10 years; with the limosine business for 21 years; and with the promotions,conventions and conference planning business for over 40 year; and as a producer in the theater in the later part of the 1970's. At the present time in the process of writing books :(1) about the legal system;(2) about the fathers' rights movement; (3) about the limousine business; (4) my insights; (5) Chiropractic (6)survival comple . Litigated with lawyers and Pro Se. Over the past 40 years litigated Pro Se in the State and Federal Courts many times on numerous issues. The only place not argued Pro Se is the United States Supreme Court.

Monday, August 10, 2009

THE SOUNDING BOARD

I have been in the process of writing as you can see for this blog and for a few other entities and for the books in which I am in the process of completing. Through the research for these endeavors I have had to review many different files I have in my possession dealing with Health, Politics, The Law, Organizations and Personal Relations.

In dealing with the organizations especially the father's rights organizations from 1976 up to and around 1986 I never realized how much of a sounding board I was for many of these men from around the country and how I had felt their problems and expressed their feelings and emotions in the many lectures and public appearances I had during those years.

I remember I would run my Chiropractic practice during the day and in the evening after I was finished practicing I was on the telephone with fathers on the east coast up until about 11:00PM; and, then the fathers on the west coast would call me until sometimes 3:00AM. It got to a point that one night my wife at that time, Mimi, made a comment, "Joe, how long is this going to happen". I knew then that I better back off from taking so many calls or I would have had another divorce. The calls kept coming and I had to change my telephone number a few times but they still kept coming for another 10 years.

One gentleman was so up tight one evening I told him to come to my apartment. He was so uptight about not seeing his kids that he came to our apartment at 11:00PM and ranted about his problem until about 5:00 AM when I knew he had burned out his hostility and then he went home. I did this on the telephone numerous times for hours where my phone bill got up to $800 per month. I would meet fathers in a diner to discuss their problem and listen to them for hours and let them let their hostility out until they felt better about themselves and their situation, with some proper guidance. I personally feel good for what I have done for these men and only the good Lord knows how many domestic violence claims I stopped from being filed because I listed to many of these fathers who were in pain for not seeing their children and/or having problems with child support.

Labels: