Name:
Location: Long Valley, New Jersey, United States

Born and raised in Northern New Jersey and licensed to practice Chiropractic since 1968 (48 years) in Florida and New Jersey, Go to www.drbarbier.com, www.barbierchiropracticoffice.com, www.twitter.com/DrBarbier. Experienced: as an advocate in family law for over 12 years being involved with about 8,000 people by phone, in writing or personally and also as a member of the State of New Jersey Commission on Child Support from 1984-1986; with land surveying for 10 years; with the limosine business for 21 years; and with the promotions,conventions and conference planning business for over 40 year; and as a producer in the theater in the later part of the 1970's. At the present time in the process of writing books :(1) about the legal system;(2) about the fathers' rights movement; (3) about the limousine business; (4) my insights; (5) Chiropractic (6)survival comple . Litigated with lawyers and Pro Se. Over the past 40 years litigated Pro Se in the State and Federal Courts many times on numerous issues. The only place not argued Pro Se is the United States Supreme Court.

Friday, December 01, 2006

The Old Days And New Days

Throughout the course of the past month, with the holidays coming on, I have been talking to people all over, young and old. Some of the people around my age and older cannot understand the kids in the younger generation and the amount of money they need and want.

I remember a few weeks ago I was in one of the libraries in North Jersey and there were about twelve kids ages 9 to 14 talking and fooling around on the computers. One young girl perhaps about 10 or 11 years old asked another one of her friends to loan her $3.00 so she could get something to eat. From the nature of the conversations it sounds as though this young lady needs some proper guidance which she is probably not getting.

In the process of talking to people my age we think back as to what our parents gave us and the discipline we had to have to live on the allowances we were given. I remember when I used to live in Newark, New Jersey in the 1940's and early 1950's my Dad started giving me an allowance of twenty five cents per week. It is amazing what I was able to buy at that time with twenty five cents. I used to go into the local candy store and for five cents come out with both hands full of candy, today a kid needs $2.00 to $3.00 or more.

When parents bought their children toys or presents they were appreciated and enjoyed. I have heard some younger people compete with other kids as to what they wish to be better than what their friends have or are getting. Will and are they really appreciating what they have and are getting? I hope so.